Wednesday 24 October 2012

Accra: 03 +10 =13

Alali: A child born in October, in a season of celebration!

My friends and I love to feel cute with ourselves. The trip to Ghana was for a bunch of us and people kept dropping out until it was just us 3 Alalis - Member, Oroma and Me- Ocotber's Very Own (OVO).


Straight from the airport and into the night
03, 10, 13... why those numbers? Member's 3rd October, Oroma's 10 and add them both and you have me, 13th! Don't ask who came up with that.

Needless to say, we had a fabulous time in our 3 nights or so in the city of Accra. Fashion, food and shopping kept us busy the entire time. Meet our friend, Ziggy who owns the shop we wanted to buy out. He gave us new names except me though: Andie, Bandie (Oroma) and Candie (Member) and Ziggy tagged himself Dandie and declared us family and made friendship bracelets to seal the deal. Jokes! He's the funniest fellow I've met in a while!
That Ziggy (Dandie) on the right posing with our friendship bracelets and his bff on the streets, 

And my outfit du jour:
Earrings: Mina Stones
Necklace: Gift from South Africa
Top: Zara
Skirt: H&M
Purse: Zara
Slippers: Topshop
Feast your eyes on how we coloured the ancient city of Accra - it has an old feel to it or maybe it's just me...
Me with Ghanaian designer, Mina Evans. Visit her website here
 Necklace: H&M
Blouse: Dorothy Perkins
Skirt: Zara
Wedge Heels: New Look
Don't know how I didn't get one of these
Wait! Are those...? Oh my!

I want everything!
Oroma doing the bookmark selection
Look what ended up on my arm
Bookmarks, snatched by my colleagues once I brought em out
Movenpick, ugly outside, beautiful inside with an awesome Sunday Brunch. A must have whenever you visit Accra









This fly begged for it. Needing to take a swig at our bubbly... eugh!




Later that day, Oroma stepped out for a designers' cocktail event to round up the fashion week
Oroma in Alali Boutique
After this post, I'll be gone till December. I'm missing out on so much but 'tis for a little while. This too shall pass. x

6 comments:

  1. My sister just got back from ghanna, and broght back some amazing fabric!! Awesome blog ;)

    www.msmadeulook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog Ab-bie. Ghana was awesome, would do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun trip to me. Outfits are bright and beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this blog.am kenyan and love those designs. you can also check me out on mylynmoulds.blogspot.com and maybe follow me back. keep up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. African things are always on point. Like all this flashy designs and stuff, we are Africans

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post! I should visit Ghana soon

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover