Thursday 18 March 2010

The Symbolic Shoe

In the Middle Ages a father passed his authority over his daughter to her husband in a shoe ceremony. At the wedding, the groom handed the bride a shoe, which she put on to show she was then his subject.

I knew I was right about the importance of shoes. Their value can never be overemphasized! A wonderful shoe might actually beat a Harry Winston or Tiffany & Co. ring any day! I see heads shaking and tongues wagging in disagreement, no? So if a shoe rather than a ring was to be handed to you during your wedding, what shoe would you want? Here are some options:

So I did a very mini survey and asked what kind of shoe would be preferred. I got very interesting feedback :-) Some wanted everyday shoes because you wear your wedding ring everyday: flats or black pumps; some wanted dramatic beautiful shoes; and someone even wanted a cinderella shoe...yes, a glass slipper! And most ladies wanted Christian Louboutins! What shoe would you like to receive? I saw a number of Giuseppe Zannoti shoes I would love to own (some of which are featured) but it seems Christian Louboutin won hands down for most ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover